Thank you for being part of our YA CommUnity.
This community was created for you to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience and expertise, and participate in ongoing discussions on a variety of topics within our Yoga community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have created rules and guidelines for participation.
THIS COMMUNITY IS HOSTED ON THE HIGHER LOGIC ONLINE PLATFORM, AND YOUR USE OF THIS COMMUNITY ALSO CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY THE HIGHER LOGIC’S ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY.
Questions should be directed to our Member Services Department at 1-888-921-YOGA (9642) or at email@example.com.
YA CommUnity Rules
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; All questions and experiences are welcomed. Authentic and candid discussions foster connection and trust, but also require respect and discretion.
- Respect the purpose of the community. This community is not for posting promotional content for the products or services you provide. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- No hate speech or bullying. Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Bullying or hate speech of any kind is a violation of these rules, as are degrading comments regarding race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender, or identity and content that targets individuals or groups with conspiracy theories. The foregoing is in accordance with the Yoga Alliance Anti-Harassment Policy.
- Respect intellectual property. When posting items in our collaborative environment, please be sensitive with the content you share and to the content shared by others. Do not post or link to any articles, photos, video, information or other content that infringes or violates the copyright, trademarks, trade secret, right of publicity or other rights of any third party. Only post content that you have personally created or have explicit permission to post and have properly attributed to the content creator. Indicate whether items posted are available for other members to reuse.
- Stay on Topic. This community is intended for discussions relating to yoga and its teaching and practice. Please stay on the topic posed in the thread.
- Avoid unlawful or harmful content or conduct. In using the YA CommUnity, you may not post or share any content or engage in any conduct that (i) violates or encourages others to violate any applicable law rule or regulation, (ii) encourages dangerous, reckless or irresponsible behavior or creates a risk to anyone’s safety or health or any other harm or risk of harm to other users or to Yoga Alliance, or (iii) interferes with the ability of others to use and enjoy the site. This includes using this community to send spam or other unauthorized advertising, engaging in any harassing, predatory, stalking or other harmful activity, or posting content that spreads medical misinformation or that contradicts local health authorities’ or the World Health Organization’s (WHO) medical information about the treatment, prevention, diagnosis, or transmission of COVID-19. You may also not post false, misleading, or deceptive information, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity. Do not post Content that encourages dangerous, reckless or irresponsible behavior, that creates a risk to anyone’s safety or health, or that otherwise could cause harm to others.
- Use caution when discussing specific products or services. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments may be subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Adhere to the Yoga Alliance Code of Conduct. The YA Code of Conduct fosters safe and respectful guidelines for the profession of yoga teaching and requires Yoga Alliance members to maintain a high level of teaching ability and accountability.
- Adhere to Higher Logic’s Acceptable Use Policy. Higher Logic’s Acceptable Use Policy sets out examples of conduct deemed by Higher Logic to be improper or harmful to Higher Logic and its service providers’ computer networks, computer systems and services.
- Do not provide Sensitive Personal Information. Sensitive Personal Information includes government issued id numbers, date of birth, gender, health or medical information, financial account information, and information that reveals political opinions, religious beliefs, sex orientation or activities, or genetic or biometric data.
Failure to comply to any of the above rules may result in suspension or termination of membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Clearly state the topic of your post in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate conversation threads and please stay on topic. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Use the “Reply to Sender” function to send short messages such as, “me, too,” or, “thanks for the information,” to one individual rather than replying to an entire group.
- Use the web interface to change your settings, email addresses, preferences and groups. Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. You can find the steps to update your preferences here.
The Legal Stuff
Yoga Alliance is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Yoga Alliance or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Yoga Alliance be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information, content, or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Yoga Alliance and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to publicly display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and otherwise use such information, content, or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Users shall not access or use the community, in whole or in part: (i) except as expressly provided herein; (ii) to send spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages or other unsolicited communications; (iii) to harvest or collect e-mail addresses or other contact information of third parties by any means for the purposes of sending spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited e-mails or other unsolicited communications; (iv) to send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, including material harmful to children or that violates of third party privacy rights; (vi) to send or store material containing viruses, security vulnerabilities, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful or malicious computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (vii) to attempt to probe, scan, or test (including without limitation stress testing or penetration testing) the vulnerability of any system or network associated with the Software Service or breach any security or authentication measures; (viii) to monitor availability, performance or functionality, for any benchmarking purposes, or for any competitive purposes; or (ix) in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the community. Further, users shall not (i) use automated scripts to collect information (such as java script files) from or otherwise interact with the Software Services; (ii) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Software Services or the data contained therein; or (iii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Software Services or its related systems or networks.
Users shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and foreign laws, rules, regulations, guidelines, directives, treaties and regulations of all government authorities.
Users shall: (i) keep user ID and passwords confidential; and (ii) not authorize any third party to access or use the Software Services on the User’s behalf.
Users shall not submit Sensitive Personal Information, which is defined as (a) social security numbers; (b) passport numbers or other government issued id numbers, date of birth and/or gender, except solely to the extent required by applicable regulations of the Department of Homeland Security or other government regulatory body; (c) health or medical information (other than food allergies or medical contact information); (d) financial account information; must be protected in accordance with specific or heightened security requirements imposed by Applicable Laws or industry standards; (e) would require notification to government agencies, individuals or law enforcement if subject to unauthorized access, use or disclosure; (f) reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, sex orientation or activities, or genetic or biometric data; or (g) other information which a reasonable person would recognize as being highly sensitive (but excluding, for avoidance of doubt, contact information such as name, mailing address, IP address, email address, and phone number).
Users shall not provide export-controlled material, provide export-controlled services, or engage with third parties named on any U.S. government list of persons or entities prohibited from receiving exports or otherwise restricted from doing business with any U.S. company, or access or use the Software Services in violation of any U.S. or international export embargo, prohibition or restriction.
Although we have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor User Content, we may delete or remove User Content at any time and for any reason with or without notice.
Yoga Alliance has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor this community and does not undertake any editorial control of postings. However, Yoga Alliance reserves the right to screen, edit, or monitor any posts or content in the community, including if any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Yoga Alliance, and to take actions we deem appropriate, in our sole judgement, including removing all or part of a posting, with or without notice.
Yoga Alliance reserves the right to terminate access to any user, including those who we determine do not abide by these guidelines, and to take disciplinary actions in accordance with its policies. In addition to and not intended to limit its other policies, Yoga Alliance will follow a three-strike policy for the YA CommUnity as follows: 1st Strike: At the first offense, the user will be sent a written notice and the post will be removed; 2nd Strike: At the second offense, all posts by the user will be subject to full moderation (all posts by the user are subject to review prior to being posted publicly) for 90 days; 3rd Strike: At the third offense (regardless of whether within the 90-period for the 2nd Strike), the user will be removed from the group and notified by email. Any offense that is considered egregious may be subject to immediate removal from the CommUnity. Any offense that is a violation of the Yoga Alliance Code of Conduct and/or other policies may be referred to Yoga Alliance’s Accountability Team.
Enforcement of these Rules and the other rules set forth in the Terms is solely at the discretion of Yoga Alliance, and failure to enforce such Rules in some instances does not constitute a waiver of its right to enforce such Rules in other instances. In addition, these Rules do not create any private right of action on the part of any user or third party or any reasonable expectation that the site will not contain any content that is prohibited by these Rules.