Jul 26 2022 to Sep 27 2022
Online YACEP course presented by Dr Lucy Weir
How to Live a Good Life (through the lens of yoga and philosophy)
This course will focus on the question, how to live well, particularly given that we are in an ecological emergency. It will do this through the lens of yoga and philosophy. We will learn to practice realisation through asana, pranayama, meditation, and yoga nidra. We will learn foundational ideas, techniques and practices for reorienting ourselves in relationship to self, other and the more-than-human world with a view to responding to our current existential predicament through effortless awareness, on and off the mat.
- YACEP: 25 hours, 10 contact and 15 non-contact
- Ten online live one hour classes via Zoom include asana, pranayama, meditation, visualisation
- Ten recorded classes available through Google Classroom
- Live classes take place Tuesday 2pm EST/7pm Irish Time
- Recorded classes include more detailed explanations of concepts, and a longer yoga nidra or visualisation meditation
- This unique course offers asana and pranayama techniques for dealing with grief, overwhelm, anger, and apathy in the face of the ecological emergency
- Meditation will take place to enhance visualisation of what it is we are realising
- Greater effectiveness in responding to urgent and critical situations.
- Complimentary copy of my book, Yoga for Now: Embodied Philosophy in the Ecological Emergency
Dr Lucy Weir is an environmental philosopher, a published author, and a yoga teacher of over 20 years experience. She teaches yoga, meditation and philosophy for the ecological emergency, and provides existential mentoring online. Lucy trained with theYTTC (YogaTherapy andTraining Centre) in County Down in 2000-2002 and her academic and practical further training includes guidance under Professor and Zen Master Jason Wirth, Professor Harrell-Bond, Donna Fahri, Christophe Mouze, and Julie Gudmestad, among many others. She is currently certified by the Yoga Alliance as a 500 hrs teacher andYACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider).
Lucy will deepen your understanding of how to live a good life through practices which embody a novel interpretation of yoga through a philosophical lens. You will stretch, enliven and invigorate. You will extend your exploration of yoga to connect the physical and the emotional, the social and cultural, and ultimately to integrate this with the more-than-human world. You will have a chance to dive into the powerful practice of yoga nidra and take this further with an introduction to lucid dreaming, a virtually untapped space for healing and integrating experience.
For Booking Information
Email : email@example.com
Closing Date : July 14th 2022
Liability Statement: Dr. Lucy Weir will ask you to sign an information and waiver form on registration for this course. Neither Dr Weir nor KnowYogaIreland, her trading name, are responsible for any injuries incurred by participants, nor for changes in itinerary caused by situations beyond her control, including natural disasters, technical breakdown or other events that could affect the course. People registering for the course agree to these terms.